About this Policy
This policy describes how BM Connections (BMC) collects, uses and discloses your personal information. BMC is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
By accessing or using BMC website you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
BMC and privacy protection
BMC takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information it collects from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure.
What personal information does BMC collect?
BMC collects personal information that it considers necessary for it, or its related bodies corporate to provide the range of services they offer through BMC website.
Personal information collected by BMC may include:
- your name, address and contact details including email address
- bank account and credit account details
- record of the services provided to you through the BMC website or by phone
- records of communications with BMC including email and by phone
- user ID's and passwords which allow access to BMC website.
How is your personal information collected?
BMC collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you provide information directly to BMC in person, by phone or in writing
- when you communicate with BMC
- from third parties such as:
- BMC related companies;
- operators of linked web sites, applications and advertising on the BMC website.
How is your personal information used?
Your personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
NOTE: If you do not want to receive such offers or additional services please let us know by clicking on the ‘contact us’ link at the bottom of this page and advising us that you would like to ‘opt out’. In addition, if we email you we will include a way for you to ‘opt out’ of receiving further emails.
- to provide the services requested by you
- to manage those services including, customer service and billing
- to research, develop and improve BMC services including feedback from you
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with BMC services
- to promote and market special offers and services to you.
How is personal information disclosed?
BMC may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than BMC.
The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- BMC staff and BMC bodies corporate
- the public if you advertise with BMC (see Seller’s Advertising Agreement)
- individuals and organisations that advertise with BMC if you submit an enquiry to them through BMC website. These may include:
- private advertisers
- licensed car dealers
- financial service providers
- insurance service providers
- vehicle inspection service providers
- operators of Linked Sites (see definition below)
- car brokers
NOTE: If you do not want BMC to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations do not submit enquires to them via BMC website
- service providers who assist BMC to provide its services including:
- information technology providers
- marketing and market research advisers
- professional advisers
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of BMC assets, business or shares
- government and regulatory authorities as required by law.
How to access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information. If you wish to access your personal information please Click here or on the ‘contact us’ link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find your information.
What if you do not wish to provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, BMC may not be able to provide you with the full range of BMC services.
BMC website and Linked Sites
When you visit BMC website BMC records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
Cookies may be used by BMC to help BMC provide you with the full range of services it offers and to remember your preferences and for security purposes. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If you disable cookies however BMC may not be able to provide you with the full range of BMC services. Cookies enable collection and storage of your personal information.
What if I have a problem?
(Insert name of responsible privacy Officer here include email, phone and postal address)
What if this policy changes?
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on BMC website.